Thursday, August 6, 2009

Plug Life

So, this is the start of my new blog. I had an old blog, but I wanted a new name so here we are. So, I thought, what better way to start my new blog than to give some props to other people I enjoy reading. 

The Faster Times - A new on-line magazine. I will admit my main interest is because my girlfriend writes the Death Blog. She's awesome, Death is awesome (as a topic of discussion) and she writes insightful things on the topic; do click. I will also say the site bears merit beyond the contributions of people I'm sleeping with.

Political Animal - I've been reading Steven Benen for at least a year and probably more now. He's probably the most centered, reasonable person I read. He posts like a machine and he's insightful. Great general info site.

Salty Salutes - This is my friend, Dave. He writes about music. He has great taste and takes the time to find obscure videos on youtube. You can benefit from his efforts by clicking the link. You'll probably like his blog better than mine. It's more useful, that's for certain.

Digby's Blog - Digby is an old-school blogger. She's great, and she has assistance from certified militants Tristero and DDay to keep things edgy.

Crooks and Liars - How can you not love that? And they have videos! The kids love videos.

Memeorandum - Not really a blog, but a great snapshot of what's being discussed by the blogosphere on any given day. Also a great source to see what right blogs are saying about a particular topic. Without, you know, adding them to your favorites.

The Daily Howler - I do occasionally disagree with this guy, but he does go after the Liberal establishment, particularly Keith Olbermann and Rachael Maddow, and let's face it, they deserve it. He can be slightly repetitive, so far as topics go, but an insightful, annoyed liberal worth reading.

Instaputz - Three smart-alecks who do their main writing for other blogs. The only people I know who have a 'mainstream' blog who swear almost as much as I do.

I read others, but that's a good sampler.

Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment