Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All the Little Bubbles

I've been thinking a lot about the various crazinesses that have been going on since Obama was elected President.  And there have definitely been people who are showing up at these healthcare town halls that are completely unhinged. They are actually, genuinely, angry and scared that their side isn't in power anymore. And I understand that, I was angry and scared when MY side wasn't in power. (I don't think it's a equal comparison exactly, but I'll let it go. For now.). 

Anyway, my point is this. 53% of the population voted for this man. I realize you get the motivated crazies to come out to these things, but honestly, don't these people know ANY liberals? I mean, I know Conservatives. I have Conservative friends and relatives, and we talk politics (granted, it's about the only thing I can talk about at length) and sometimes things get heated, but I don't hate them afterward or ever. I just don't know what kind of life you have to have where you are clearly not getting ANY input from the other side to tell you that you are off your nut.  (Also, I don't like using the word 'side' exactly, but for purposes of this post it will do.)

I've been doing this thing where I randomly surf blogspot for items of interest. I stumbled across this nutjob the other day, rightwing.blogspot.com . The guy has stopped blogging, but he had this to say as the final paragraph of his final post (below the picture of him with the fish), "Cindy Sheehan, and those like her, don't deserve the freedom they currently enjoy. They deserve a bullet in their heads."

Jesus. Now I don't think this guy is dangerous, but I have to say, What The Fuck? Seriously. I get angry at Conservatives, particularly media figures like Rush, but I don't think he should be SHOT. Fuck, man. That's heavy.  

My point is, I am a raging liberal, and I write this blog to be funny, to practice writing, and so my head doesn't explode. And I will rag on 'Republicans' a lot, but the thing is, I don't HATE them. (I mean the general populace, not people like Rush who I actually do hate, but still do not wish to Shoot him, just wish he would retire and/or suffer chronic laryngitis.) Unlike a lot of people out there, I don't need an enemy to justify my existence, I really just need my existence. 

Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment