Friday, September 18, 2009

Damn Dirty Hippies Pt. 2

Ok, we are almost at the one week anniversary of the already legendary 9-12 Protests. 

So, where are we? Well, nowhere really. Left Blogs are still pretty much insisting that the DC parks service estimate of 70 to 80 thousand is the number of attendees, a lot of Right Blogs claimed right at the beginning that there were 2 million, and I doubt very seriously that they will change that estimate.  Seeing pictures, one thing is clear, there were a shitload of people there. This guy, probably never see his site again, has some pictures. How many are accurate I don't know (there's been some dispute), but he doesn't seem to have too much of an axe to grind.

Anyway, I don't care who was there or how many, really. I've already decided these people are crazy and dangerous and fucking Everywhere, and I really don't care how many of these fuckers tood the weekend off to slither down to the D.C. Mall to protest, they probably All Vote and that's the bigger problem. But I digress. 

What I wanted to talk about is this infinitely infuriating and hilarious post entitled 'Conservative Woodstock'. Yes, this was the Woodstock for the Rightys; you didn't get Jimi, but you did get... Glenn Beck? You win!

First point, Woodstock was NOT a political rally. That shouldn't really need saying, but clearly it does. I know it taken on that identity, but it wasn't, and anyone that still thinks it was I wouldn't take very seriously. Just because the one surviving idiot from the Doors is still going around bleeting about how music 'changed things' doesn't make it fucking true. No right-winger ever quotes the times Bob Dylan has claimed songs don't change shit, and he should know a thing or two on the subject. 

It's very telling though that these idiots would compare this to Woodstock, because Woodstock, a FUCKING MUSIC CONCERT (30+ Years ago!) is their touchstone for all things leftist. How about comparing it at least to the Iraq War demonstrations or the Obama Inauguration? (Actually, a few of them, bravely, were trying to do that. But I think they're inflating numbers a bit.) (Sorry, I usually try to do links, but I'm writing this shit a week late, and I don't have the energy to search things up.)

Anyway, this is my favorite bit:

There were notable differences though, in the behavior of these attendees. Although the legend of Woodstock is that there was a friendly atmosphere of camaraderie, the truth is that most people were there for the drugs, sex and rock and roll. Today in D.C. there was a true kinship amongst these people based on shared values and intellectual understanding of what America is and how its future is imperiled by big radical government.

No one was having sex in the Reflecting Pool let alone the mud, and I saw no one projectile vomiting on the steps of the Capitol. There were no warnings to avoid the bad acid which would send you on a trip to the hospital. Not just a different era, but a different level of civilized behavior and thought. Oh, and by the way, these people didn’t leave tons of garbage behind when they left. Actually they left no trash behind at all.

Yes, most people were at Woodstock for the Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll, because it was a FUCKING ROCK CONCERT! Those are the sort of people that go to a three day Rock Festival. I went to Burning Man and there were a lot of people there for the Sex and Drugs (I know I was). But guess what? A ShitLoad of people voted for Obama that wouldn't come within MILES of Burning Man (Literally, it was quite out of the way.) Yes, I'm sure there was a lot of Lefty Political Ranting at Woodstock, because at the time people that went to that sort of thing were probably aware of a little war I like to call Viet-fucking-nam. 

And Further, since when are Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll NOT Shared Values? Some of us take those Very Seriously. (You try to take away my Alcohol (they tried it once, remember) and you just watch me go Charlton Heston on your Government Asses.) And, again, you get this Conservative Twat Babble "we're civilized because we're clean, we don't have sex and we don't need Drugs to get High on life!"

These people are deranged First Graders. Forgive me, but if I walked amongst you, I would be amazed if I could find ONE of You that would stand up against Torture, Extraordinary Rendition and the habeas corpus, so forgive me if I don't let you take the Moral High Ground on this one, Kay? Kay.

By the end of the Nixon era, a Majority of this country was completely fed up with Vietnam, but the ONLY people that matter to these Idiots are the Dirty Hippies with their Dirty Sex and Dirty Drugs. STILL. I would bet anyone 1000 dollars that you couldn't find 1 person in 100 at the fucking Tea Party Rally that would either a) disagree with those two paragraphs, or b) even question them. 

Everyone that disagrees with a teabagger is a dirty hippy. Still. Vietnam has fucked up this country permanent until every baby boomer that remembers it is under ground. Period. 

Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment